Last week we had the great pleasure of hosting the super talents of Kara Rosenlund at our Freedom Windsor store.
It was the hottest ticket in town, to share an hour of power with this style maven and discover Kara’s 10 hot tips for winter. We had so many calls on Instagram to host Kara at other stores around the country, that we thought – sans jetlag, we’d share her tips here – the next best thing to being there.
1.COLOUR TEMPERATE: Use metallics in your home to bounce warm light around. Think gold, bronze and brass.
2. ILLUMINATION: Cut your room into quarters horizontally. You need a different light source in each quarter. Ceiling, pendant, floor and table lights.
3. CUSHIONS: Cushions! Cushions show you care about comfort and care about those who come into your home.
4. TEXTURES: Textures anchor a room.
5. INDULGENCE: Change the colour way in your rooms for a room rejuvenation.
6. FRAGRANCE: Fragrance is the most inexpensive way to change.
7. TRADITION: Don’t be afraid of what feels familiar.
8. NATURE: Seek out and connect with raw timbers and fibres. Plastic does not comfort you.
9. PALETTE: Explore the darker side of your preferred palette through winter.
10.YOUR STORY: Stay true to who you are and celebrate it.
Find out more about Kara Rosenlund here.