Our Freedom Bedroom buyer, Lucie McCann recently took some time out with us to talk all things Winter.
Freedom: What’s the best part of Winter?
LM: I love the crisp clean air of winter. It brings back childhood memories of long walks, then coming home and having a big mug of steaming hot chocolate sitting on the sofa wrapped up in a soft warm throw.
What are your five must-haves this season?
1. The Bloq sofa is the must-have-piece of upholstery for this season. It’s bang on trend, and is a really clever version of a contemporary modular upholstery range allowing numerous configurations to suit any size room. With two sizes of ottomans you can choose whether they become a chaise, an ottoman or an impromptu coffee table.
2. For the bedroom, my pick has to be the Oslo bed. It’s a contemporary minimalist bed with an upholstered headboard, subtly quilted for detail. The beautiful oak frame contrasts perfectly.
3. My hallway is calling out for the Amira dresser. It’s perfect for storing keys, scarves and knick-knacks, while the mirrored surface gives the illusion of more space in my hallway.
4. The angular wide shade of the Grid pendant makes the piece look quite sculptural. Cluster three or four together at different heights to create a really unique statement.
5. I love the Beyond cushion. It’s a real conversation piece – the cushion has a photograph of a landscape that’s overprinted with geometric design in soft multi-coloured shades. When layered with block colour cushions it gives an old sofa a new lease of life.
Shop Freedom Bedroom in our Logan, Windsor (QLD) and Belrose (NSW) stores or online.
Shop the Freedom A/W Collection now.