Don’t overlook the humble bedroom, it’s more than a place to lay your head and sleep. The bedroom is a haven – a place for relaxation, rejuvenation and calm.
We’ve got five easy ways to update your space with next to no fuss.
1. Layers: Don’t shy away from mixing it up with your bedding. New sheets can make all the difference! Layering colours and textures are a great first step, but if you’re wanting to take it up a notch, we love layering with prints and patterns. Ease yourself in by using patterns which work off the same colour palette or starting small with pillows and throws.
2. Lighting: Play with the ambiance in your bedroom. Table lamps are an elegant way of lighting the bedroom, however playing with height can also add interest with the use of floor lights or pendant lights. To generate a soft light, fill your room with fragrant candles to help you unwind and create a sense of calm.
3. Paint: There’s nothing like a fresh lick of paint. Try adding an accent wall to your bedroom, behind the bed is a good place. Try a contrasting colour, or if paint isn’t your thing, wallpaper could be!
4. Mirrors: Add light and luxury to your bedroom with the addition of mirrors. Large mirrors create a feature wall, while small mirrors are ideal for adding dimension and the illusion of space.
5. Cushions: You’ve heard it from us before, and you’ll hear it from us again. Cushions are a quick and simple way to breathe new life into your bedroom – without costing an arm and a leg. Textured cushions in particular make the room pop. Chunky knits and fringing are a great start!