There’s nothing like the start of a fresh new season. This summer, we’re seeing hues in every shade, bold reds, bright blues and pops of yellow, as well as playful prints and motifs inspired by the sunshine and sea breeze.
We love getting our homes ready for everything summer has to offer. If you haven’t taken a look at our new collection yet, it’s time!
We asked some of our buyers to share their favourite picks this season from our Spring Summer range.
Korryn Bentley, Senior Homewares Buyer
- Delicious Pear and Apple mirrors – The versatility of the Delicious Pear and Apple mirror makes the seasons must have piece. It can live in a multitude of different rooms as a functional or decorative homeware.
- Roxbury Floor Rug – I’m in the market for a new floor rug for my living room, and the Roxbury Floor Rug is as statement as they come, capable of revitalizing the entire room and adding a sense of summer chic appeal. Made from leather pieces, the tonal mix of beige, cream, deep chocolate and whites finishes the aesthetic of a room and adds texture and warmth.
- Axis Buffet – The Axis Buffet is on the top of my shopping list this summer – the Axis is perfect edition for my dining room. I love its simple, no fuss design – I especially like the hidden handle detail. Chic!
- Alek Ceiling Pendant – Pendant lighting is a global trend in interiors this season, with the ability to totally transform a space. The summer range of lighting at Freedom is very diverse, appealing to all tastes. We have explored using a range of different materials and worked with lighting specialists all over the world to come up with our really unique offering. One of my favourite pieces is the Alek pendant, manufactured from concrete, with a wire frame. Simple, understated and on trend design.
- Beach Shack Cushion – For a great graphic my pick is the new Beach Shack Cushion. It’s printed on a canvas basecloth and the colour combination of denim blue alongside mustard refreshes the home with fun summer colours.
Abbey Hart, Homewares Buyer
- Encore Dining Chair – The Encore Dining chair is my most desired must-have chair – the statement iron design will look lovely against a wooden table and complements indoor greenery.
- Glass Milk Carton – The new milkmaid jug is one of my favourite, most versatile homeware accessories this season. Fill it with brightly coloured poppies or create mini summer cocktails with striped straws!
- Marbella Side Plates – The Marbella tapas plates are marble inspired homeware musts! They are a clever marble decal on classic bone china, a quarter of the price with the same look!. Perfect for serving dessert on but I can also see these used as a little jewellery display dishes.
- Dream Neon Wall Light – The new dream neon light is very on trend – it is a versatile light and piece of art. Place it on top of a buffet unit or hang it on the wall and it will become a new showstopper in your home.
- Batgirl Armchair – I love the new Batgirl Armchair. A nice clean and modern shape in a soft leather tan shade, it’s the perfect armchair to relax in on a Sunday afternoon with a good book in hand.
Kylie Burgon, Upholstery Buyer
- Amelie Corner Modular – This sofa is on my ‘to buy’ list, it is a furniture staple which features a contemporary arm – it will fit most homes comfortably! The oversized cushions provide that sink-in comfort feeling we all chase at the end of the day.
- Amali Table Lamp – Super stylish with a sleek design, the Amali Table Lamp will add sophistication and refinement to your home. The marble base is very on trend at the moment!
- Wing Chair in Floral Multi – This striking floral fabric is so fun for summer! The cheery blooms featured on the fabric create warmth in the home and a central focal point, whether in a bedroom or a lounge room.
- Framework Candle Holders – Mixed materials – HOT! Concrete and metal make a lovely combination and are possibly this season’s most sought after trend.
- Aquarius Coffee & Side Table – A stunning combination of materials, the solid timber top and metal legs make this range a statement in any living space. The geometric pattern is right on trend.
Shop our new range, in store and online now!